First Title Update for Rainbow Six Siege
16/12/2015 10:00 AM
Hello Rainbow Six players,
We are excited to share with you this first of many title updates, which is going live today December 16th. Keep in mind that this is the beginning and we will be improving with every update, so we encourage you to keep providing us with valuable feedback !
You will find below a broad overview of the main changes. For the detailed patch notes and more information on each of these changes, please check this post.
NEW CONTENT & FEATURES
NEW ULTRA-HD TEXTURE PACK ON PC
The Ultra-HD texture pack upgrades some of the most common textures in the game, such as characters, and weapons, to a new level of visual fidelity. This higher level of detail can be best appreciated while playing the game in 4K resolution, but the improvements start to be noticeable from 1080p.
The DLC Ultra-HD Texture Pack is now available as a free download on Uplay or Steam.
NEW AUTO-KICK FEATURE FOR TEAM KILLING
We have set some parameters that will cause an automatic kick of a griefer within a match. We are trying our best to make the distinction between accidental team killing and intentional team killing. Same goes for intentional hostage killing while playing as Defender. We will be tracking if the auto-kick feature reduces intentional team killing instances and will be adjusting the rigor of the parameters accordingly.
Also, for PC, you can now use your mouse wheel in addition to the arrow keys to navigate the player selection screen
TWEAKS & IMPROVEMENTS
HIT REGISTRATION IMPROVEMENTS
- Removed a pawn rotation latency bug causing an extra delay between action and perception.
- Shield angles while rappeling are now replicated properly.
- Hits are now properly registered when moving and shooting while rappeling.
- Kill cam now displays a more accurate representation of hit positions. Further fixes remain under development on kill cam representation.
Hit registration issues can have multiple causes and we will be working on additional fixes to address them all in other upcoming title updates.
We will also be running intermittent tests for server tick rates on PC, with the player position update rate set to 60 times per second (vs. the previous 30) in various configurations. When this feature has been validated with these tests, we will be deploying this update on consoles as soon as possible.
- [PVP] Ranked playlist HUD has been synched up with the Casual playlist
- Renamed Minimal HUD to Hardcore HUD
We are convinced that Casual and Ranked experiences should be as close and consistent as possible. For these reasons we are re-synching HUD on Ranked and Casual, with only a few difference remaining. It is important to note that we are also working on a proper Hardcore playlist for early 2016, which will contain a very minimal HUD and a more realistic experience.
To read more details about how we plan to evolve the playlists over time and provide us feedback on the settings you would love to see, please join us in this forum thread.
- Ranked matchmaking now tries to match you with players 1 rank away from you and then increases by 1 rank every second.
- The aggressiveness of skill rating update when a lower ranked team beats a higher ranked team has been reduced.
- The penalty for abandoning a ranked game in progress has been temporarily reduced to 8 minutes.
- Skill rank icon is now displayed on the game’s main screen, next to your level.
Multiple bug fixes have also been made to improve matchmaking in PVE and PVP, and prevent the matchmaking system to use skill data from the wrong region or match players.
- [PVP] Reduced time to detect Defenders outside from 5 seconds to 2 seconds, to prevent abusive spawn killing.
- Terrorist Hunt Disarm Bomb – Reduced the maximum number of White Masks and reduced the wave sizes in
- Increased the amount of characters available in chatbox from 32 to 128 characters.
- Glaz scope visibility enhanced, with reduced glow an better contrast.
MULTIPLE BUG FIXES
Thanks to all the feedback you have provided, we’ve been able to fix a great number of bugs to the gameplay, the maps, the UI and the online flow. You can find a detailed list of the most notable fixes on the forums.
Thank you so much for being a part of this with us, we really appreciate your feedback and input. We wish to bring you the best experience possible and will continue to iterate and improve on the game.
The Siege Development Team