Rainbow Six Siege Code of Conduct
09/05/2016 10:00 AM
Ubisoft cannot be held responsible for the actions or comments made by Users in the various areas of the game, forums, or other social media outlets. Ubisoft reserves the right to remove any and all content published by a User without prior warning or notification.
We strongly advise you not to give personal or account information to anyone. This includes information that can be used to identify you (social security number, telephone number, physical address, etc.) or information that may be used to compromise your account (personal email address, answers to your security questions, etc.).
Please note that a representative of Ubisoft will never ask you for your password.
Code of Conduct:
When you play Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, you must respect other Users and their user rights.
- The following points must be upheld by everyone, and will be enforced by the Ubisoft staff:
- When using the services provided by Ubisoft, Users may not engage in or encourage any illegal behavior or communications concerning such.
- Users will follow all instructions given to them by the Ubisoft staff. Non-compliance of the User regarding any request made by a Ubisoft employee will be considered a breach of the Code of Conduct, and may lead to account suspension or revocation.
- The User will respect the rules detailed in this Code of Conduct when using the services offered by Ubisoft and the Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege game. The following list of forbidden conduct gives examples of unacceptable behaviour, but should not be considered exhaustive.
- It is forbidden to harass or bully other players via verbal or written communications. Ubisoft will not tolerate any form of harassment and may be obligated to suspend or ban any player account should harassment occur.
- Any language or content deemed illegal, dangerous, threatening, abusive, obscene, vulgar, defamatory, hateful, racist, sexist, ethically offensive or constituting harassment is forbidden. This includes use of the above on the forums, via the in-game chat, or over VOIP.
- Impersonation of any other player or Ubisoft employee is strictly forbidden.
- Any conduct which interrupts the general flow of gameplay in the game client, forum, or any other Ubisoft medium is forbidden. This includes but is not limited to, spamming, advertising or soliciting other products.
- Verbal or written abuse targeted toward a Ubisoft employee will not be tolerated, and may result in account suspension or deletion.
- Exploitation of macros is forbidden and may result in account suspension or revocation.
- Any attempt to edit, corrupt or change game or server code is strictly prohibited. Any such behavior will result in the immediate cancellation of the account, and may even give rise to personal liability and/or penal penalties.
- Use of third-party hacking, cheating or botting clients is strictly prohibited.
The following rules clarify the types of names that you may not use:
- You may not use a name that is contrary to the Code of Conduct. This includes the use of names of a hateful, racist, defamatory, ethnically offensive, obscene, vulgar or sexually explicit nature, as well as any other offensive wording.
- You may not use names that lead to the harassment or slander of other users. You may not use the name of any Ubisoft employee.
- You may not use a name of a character, object or product covered by copyright or trademark.
- You may not use a name from popular culture or the media.
- You may not use a name with a religious or historical connotation.
- You may not use a name linked to a terrorist organization or activity.
- Ubisoft strictly reserves the right to use the names linked to the Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege license.
- You may not use a name that refers to an illness, medicine, drug or alcohol.
- You may not use any name that breaks any of the aforementioned rules via the association of the first name and surname.
- You may not use a name containing spelling mistakes or written in such a way as to break one of the aforementioned rules.
The User alone is responsible for the security of their account, including protecting their system and account from being compromised.
Nevertheless, Ubisoft vows to assist the User if they think that their account security is threatened or has been compromised. If an account turns out to have been stolen or used by an unauthorized third party, further investigation will be made by Ubisoft staff, during which time the account will be blocked.
Ubisoft does not guarantee compensation for any damages caused by fraudulent use of an account. Only the results of the investigation can determine the necessary action.
Any act of account piracy or theft will be punished and may give rise to personal liability or penal penalties for the guilty party.
Customer Service is there to help you with any problem you may come across in the game. You can contact them via the Ubisoft support site. Here is a non-exhaustive list of what Customer Services can do for you:
- You will receive a quick reply to your questions and problems, depending on the workload of the Customer Services department.
- We will do our utmost not to intervene in or interfere with the game unless it is absolutely necessary during our work.
- All our Users are treated equally.
- Any incident that may be interpreted as breaking the rules will be subject to further investigation. The benefit of the doubt will be given to the User before any action is taken.
- All sanctions will be applied as quickly as possible, depending on the seriousness of the breach, the circumstances and your account history.
- All correspondence between the User and Customer Services is private. It will not be divulged to other users.
Ubisoft wishes to offer Users a welcoming game environment, both during gameplay and in the forums. However, a breach of the Code of Conduct may occur. When this happens, Customer Services will investigate further and will make every attempt to be just and fair with the people involved. Depending on the seriousness of the breach and the players' history, Customer Services may decide to take the following action:
- It is possible that there will be no sanctions.
- A warning may be sent to the player who has committed the fault. In this case, they will be notified by e-mail and details of the reasons for the warning and the action taken will be noted on their account.
- A player may be suspended for a period of time ranging from a few hours to a maximum of 15 days to a permanent account ban. The penalty will be noted on their account and an e-mail sent detailing the facts, the penalty and the period for which the game will be blocked for them.
- A player may have their game account terminated. This means that their access to the game will be blocked until an unspecified date. The player will receive an e-mail detailing the reasons for the penalty and the facts surrounding it.
Below are examples of behavior that could lead to your account being banned from playing online or restricting your access in other ways from the game:
- Cheating / Modding / Hacking: Player is running a modified version of the game client or a third party software providing him with an unfair advantage (wallhacks, aimhacks…) or causing a severe detriment to other players’ experience:
- First offense: Temporary suspension for a maximum of 15 days.
- Multiple offense: permanent ban
- Offensive Language or Behaviour / Threats: Posting or publishing (public forums, private chats or VOIP) any language or content that is in violation of this Code of Conduct
- Second offense: temporary suspension
- Multiple offenses: forum account ban
- Harassment: Harassing or serious bullying other players via verbal or written communications in the in-game chat, and outside the game (public forum, subreddit, etc.)
- Second offense: 2 day temporary suspension
- Third offense: 7 day temporary suspension
- Multiple offenses: permanent ban
- Duration of a suspension will be decided at Ubisoft’s discretion, on a case by case basis.
- Actual disciplinary action may differ from the list of examples depending on the severity of the behavior and shall be decided at Ubisoft’s discretion, on a case by case basis.
- All partners’ bans will be honored at Ubisoft discretion. If a player is banned by a partner, they could be banned by R6 Siege as well.
Disputing Account Sanctions:
If you have a question or wish to dispute an account sanction that you have incurred, please send a request to Customer Service by using the contact options found on our customer support portal. Please be sure to include all relevant information. We will reply to your questions as promptly as possible.
Please Respect the Code of Conduct:
Help us make this site, the game, and the forums a welcoming community space. Respect the Code of Conduct and encourage others to do the same. If you meet players who are not familiar with the Code of Conduct, politely encourage them to read it.