Rainbow Six Siege Starter Edition on PC FAQ
02/06/2016 10:00 AM
1. What is the Rainbow Six Siege PC Starter Edition?
The Starter Edition...
- Provides full access to the Rainbow Six Siege game for 15$/€ with a different system for unlocking operators (see below).
- Instantly unlocks up to 4 Operators.
- Requires additional grinding to unlock the remaining 16 original Operators (Operators are unlockable for 12,500 Renown, compared to 500-2,000 renown in the Standard Edition)
2. What content is available?
You have access to the full game.
All content is available:
- All Modes: Multiplayer, Terrorist Hunt and Situations.
- All Operators & Post-Launch Operators.
- All 11 original Maps & free Post-Launch Maps
- All Game Modes: Bomb, Secure Area, Hostage
- All weapons & attachments
- Full progression (no level cap)
- Same servers / matchmaking as Standard Edition
3. What content is NOT available?
Since the Starter Edition is the full game, you have access to all of its content. However, Operators will require more grinding to unlock than is required in the Standard Edition.
4. How does the Operator unlocking system in the Starter Edition differ from the Standard Edition?
Please refer to the comparison below:
- 2 random Operators from a pool of the most intuitive Operators at entry level: Rook, Sledge, Ash, Fuze, Mute, and Smoke.
- 600 R6 Credits to spend on either additional Operators (recommended) or other additional content
- Slower unlocking of the remaining 16 Original Operators (GIGN, SAS, GSG9, SPETSNAZ, FBI):
- 12,500 Renown or 300 R6 Credits to unlock 1 Operator
- Approx. 15 hours to unlock 1 operator using in-game Renown
- Access to all Post-Launch Operators (JTF2, Navy SEALs and upcoming CTUs):
- 25,000 Renown or 600 R6 Credits to unlock 1 Operator
- Season Pass unlocks all Year 1 Post-Launch Operators
- Access to 20 original Operators through minimum playtime (GIGN, SAS, GSG9, SPETSNAZ, FBI):
- Between 500 to 2000 Renown to unlock 1 Operator
- Approx. 0.5- 2 hours to unlock 1 operator
- Access to all Post-Launch operators (JTF2, Navy SEALs and upcoming CTUs):
- 25,000 Renown or 600 R6 credits to unlock 1 Operator
- Season Pass unlocks all Post-Launch Operators
5. Why does the Starter Edition unlock 2 random operators and gives 600 credits?
The 2 random Operators are selected from a pool the most intuitive Operators at entry level, which are Rook, Sledge, Ash, Fuze, Mute, and Smoke. The selection is made so that we can guarantee a great Rainbow Six Siege experience from the get-go.
The 600 R6 Credits are given so that players can handpick 2 Operators (300 R6 Credits each) that best fit their play style after getting accustomed to the game mechanics. While the 600 R6 Credits can be used to unlock in-game products, we recommend that player use them to acquire 2 additional Operators.
6. Is there a level cap in the Rainbow Six Siege Starter Edition?
No. There is no level cap in the Starter Edition.
7. How can I unlock the operators faster when playing the Starter Edition?
- Play the Daily and Weekly Challenges to unlock extra Renown
- Purchase Renown Boosters.
- Wait for the weekly Operators discounts (Renown and R6 Credits).
- Purchase the 35$/€ R6 Credits pack to unlock all the 16 original Operators (attacker and defender bundle).
8. Is the Season Pass compatible with Rainbow Six Siege Starter Edition?
Yes. The Season Pass instantly adds to your roster the 8 all-new Post-Launch Operators with a 7 day exclusive access period. Click here for an overview of all the benefits you gain with the Rainbow Six Siege Season Pass.
9. How does the dual currency work (Renown and R6 Credits)?
The Renown currency is what you earn for just about everything you do in Rainbow Six Siege, namely completing Situations and Terrorist Hunt or competing in Online Multiplayer matches. You can use Renown to unlock Original and Post-Launch Operators, weapons, skins, and more.
R6 Credits are an optional currency that you can purchase. R6 Credits can be used to buy Renown Boosters, which allow you to generate Renown faster while playing. The R6 credits can also be used to unlock new Operators and some exclusive premium skins.
10. If I buy the Rainbow Six Siege Starter Edition, will I still be able to play after the sale period is over on Uplay / Steam?
Yes. Since you purchased the game you will have all the privileges that the Starter Edition offers.
11. Can I join parties with my friends who don’t use the Rainbow Six Siege Starter Edition?
Yes. All players are hosted on the same servers and will be part of the same matchmaking pools.
12. Will I have access to all the post-launch updates, namely the new maps, operators, and features if I buy the Rainbow Six Siege Starter Edition?
Positive. Just like the players who bought the Standard or Gold Editions, you will have access to all Post-Launch content.
13. If I played in the PC Free Weekend, will I keep my progression if I buy the Starter Edition?
If you played Rainbow Six Siege during the PC Free Weekend, the Operators you unlocked during that time will be locked. You will retain any Renown or R6 Credits that you earned or purchased during the Free Weekend, except for the Renown you spent on unlocking any Operators. When you unlock an Operator in the Starter Edition, you will retain any weapon attachments or skins you purchased during the Free Weekend.
14. Can I easily upgrade to the Standard Edition?
The easiest way is to gain access to all the Original Operators as quickly as the Standard Edition is to purchase the R6 Credits bundle that best fits your needs, and unlock the missing Operators.
For instance, getting the 4920 R6 Credits bundle (35$) allows you to instantly unlock both the Attackers Bundle (all 10 original ATKs) and the Defender bundle (all 10 original DEFs) plus the additional content of your choice.
15. In which country will the Starter Edition be available?
The Starter Edition is available in all the same countries as the Standard Edition is on Uplay and Steam.
16. On which PC distribution platform the starter edition will be available ? A retail version is planned or will be available?
The Starter Edition is Digital only and available on Steam and Uplay.
17. Is this starter edition also planned on console?
No. The Starter Edition is currently only available to buy on PC from September 15th to October 13th 2016 on Uplay, and from September 29th to October 13th for Steam.
18. Can I participate to the Rainbow Six Pro League competitions with Starter Edition?
All players owning the Starter Edition can participate in the weekly Rainbow Six Siege Go4 competition and have a chance to join the Pro League.
19. How long will the Starter Edition be available for?
The Starter Edition will be available to buy on PC from September 15th to October 13th on Uplay, and from September 29th to October 13th for Steam.