24/08/2016 10:00 AM
Patch 4.1 will be deployed on August 25th for all platforms.
Translated versions of these patch notes will be published as quickly as possible.
Reduced range for Pulse’s gadget, and he can no longer quick swap out of his gadget.
The previous update that we did on Pulse’s Heartbeat Sensor not only made it more comfortable to use, but it also made him stronger since the frequency of the heartbeat detection updates became higher. Combined with the fact that it was possible to switch extremely fast from the Heartbeat Sensor to the main gun, this made him too strong – our gameplay stats and the community feedback made that very clear. As a consequence, we have opted to tweak him as follows:
- Detection range of Pulse’s Heartbeat Sensor is reduced from 13m to 9m.
- Pulse will no longer be able to instantly switch from his Heartbeat Sensor to his previously equipped weapon by pressing the weapon switch button. This means the delay before the player can shoot will increase by 0.8 seconds (from roughly 0.4s increased to 1.2s).
Semi-Auto Shotgun Balancing
Semi-automatic shotguns will be getting a few tweaks to make them less powerful at longer range.
Based on the data we collected and feedback from the community and Pro League players, we have opted to balance semi-automatic shotguns. Patch 4.1 will be introducing these changes:
- We will be reducing short range and medium range raw damage by approximately 25-30%.
- For both hipfire and ADS (Aim Down Sight), we will be making their cones of dispersion wider by 1.5 degrees, which is approximately 10% more than their previous state. This means that there will be a less concentrated dispersion of bullets.
Our intention is to make semi-automatic shotguns carry out incredible damage at short range, but lessen their impact significantly from medium to long range. The damage falloff from the original damage output will now be more noticeable. At longer ranges, the accuracy of the shots will also be harder to predict with precision, as players will have less gradually less control the further away they are from their target.
The shotguns that will be affected are the following:
- SPAS-12 – Valkyrie
- SPAS-15 – Caveira
- Super90 – Frost
- M1014 – Pulse, Thermite, & Castle
A more precise breakdown of the aforementioned changes can be found in the full patch notes.
Full patch notes here.
After reviewing the rest of the patch notes, we recommend you join the discussion on the subreddit or forums!